The Importance of Correcting your Overbite from Bondi Dental
What is an Overbite?
Overbites occur when the upper teeth protrude further than the lower teeth.
An overbite may appear to be a problem with crooked teeth when, in fact, the person’s teeth and jaws are not properly aligned.
Overbites are easier to correct in children and teenagers since their jaws are still developing.
Many people don’t realise they have an overbite as they believe their condition is not severe enough to seek dental attention.
This could also be because other cases of overbites are so minor to be noticeable.
What Happens If I Don’t Treat It?
Untreated overbites may lead to the following dental problems:
- Bottom front teeth may harm the gums above the top front teeth
- Speech impediments
- It may cause jaw problems
- Unattractive smile
Overbite Correction Treatments
For Children and Teenagers
- Removal of baby teeth to make room for permanent teeth to grow in straight
- Growth modification device – helps to position the jaw
- Braces – move the teeth to correct the overbite as well as the jaw
- Retainers – an appliance used after braces that help to keep the teeth in place
- Braces – move the teeth to fix an overbite
- Teeth extraction – dentists try to avoid this procedure but will do this in very severe cases to allow the teeth to move
- Surgery – jaw problems for bone-type overbites can only be corrected with surgery for adults
Benefits of Treating Overbites
- Straighter teeth and better bite
- More attractive smile & improved facial appearance
- Healthier teeth and gums
Overbite must be fixed as soon as possible. It’s never too late to correct your bite and your smile.
Don’t hesitate to see your dentist immediately for any bite problems or malocclusions.
To know more about the causes and effects of overbite on oral health, visit your Bondi dentist today here at Bondi Dental.
Our top-notch orthodontics treatments offer high-quality solutions to various factors that affect your smile and the aesthetics of your teeth.
The Bondi Dental Advantage
Bondi Dental is conveniently located in the Eastern Suburbs – Bondi Beach, Bondi in Sydney. Our exceptionally skilled dental professionals have more than 60 years of combined experiences in all fields of dentistry.
Bondi Dental has free parking behind our building and offers a FREE Dental Consultation including a complete dental check-up.
We are open 7 days a week 8 am – 8 pm!
Visit us at 134 Curlewis St in Bondi Beach.