This year, Children’s Week runs from 23-31 October.
Children’s Week is a yearly event celebrated in Australia during the 4th week in October, focusing on children, their needs, and achievements.
In support of National Children’s Week, your Bondi dentist highlights the importance of teaching children good dental habits while they are still young.
Bondi Dental wants everyone to know that the foundation for healthy permanent teeth in children and teenagers is laid during the first years of life.
Poor diet, poor habits of food intake, and inadequate toothbrushing habits during the first 2 years of life have been shown in several studies to be related to tooth decay in children.
What Can You Do for your Child?
Children need to learn how to look after their oral health at a young age.
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Bondi dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Bondi Dental Can Help
At Bondi Dental, we are happy to support you and your children by offering services under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule!
The CDBS provides benefits for basic services, including examinations, X-rays, scale and cleans, fissure sealants, fillings, root canal treatments and tooth extractions.
Contact us at Bondi Dental for more information!
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Bondi
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 134 Curlewis St in Bondi Beach.