Why You Need Tooth Extraction?
Tooth extraction is also known as “pulling a tooth”. It is the process of removing the tooth from your mouth. Aside from fillings and dental cleaning, extractions are also one of the most common procedures done by dental professionals. There are two main types of tooth extractions and different reasons why you require that particular extraction.
Common Types of Tooth Extraction
This is the most common form of extraction procedure. The dentist can remove your tooth in one piece, which includes the entire tooth, the crown and all of its roots. General dentists usually perform this procedure with the help local anaesthetic.
This procedure is for the teeth that are not easily seen or reached in the mouth due to two different reasons. One is because the teeth have separated from the gum line or because teeth have not completely erupted. Surgical extraction requires surgical procedures as well. This involves bone removal, elimination or elevating of gum tissue to reveal the tooth or tooth sectioning. The procedure is performed by a dentist or oral surgeons and can be done under local anaesthesia or conscious sedation.
Main Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Here are the some of the many reasons why your dentist recommends extraction:
- Severe Tooth Damage – Because of extensive decay and damage, repairing your tooth may not be the ideal solution anymore. An affected tooth due to gum disease might need to be pulled. When the gum disease gets serious, the tooth frequently loosens that extraction is the only remaining treatment you can get.
- Extra Teeth – It is called as supernumerary teeth. The additional teeth could prevent other teeth from coming out.
- Nonfunctioning Tooth – Your dentist may suggest pulling of teeth that are malpositioned and/ or useless. The procedure is done to the teeth that are basically useless to help you avoid possible problems that may impact your oral health negatively.
- Orthodontic treatment – For braces and other kinds of orthodontic procedures, teeth may need to be pulled out to create desirable space for better teeth alignment.
- Radiation – Tooth extraction is required for people who undergo head and neck radiation therapy to help them avoid probable complications like infection.
- Impacted teeth – since they are more likely to cause a problem later on, removal of tooth is suggested.
Safe and Trusted Tooth Extraction in Bondi
Tooth extraction treatment is a common and reliable dental procedure. On the other hand, you still need to consider other options and their impact before having your teeth removed. Here at Bondi Dental, we provide quality tooth extraction procedure and safety guidelines you can bring at home for you to stay comfortable and stress-free throughout your healing process. We also offer wide-ranging, top-rate restorative treatments to bring back your teeth and a complete, healthy smile.