Bad Breath Treatment
At Bondi Dental, we can help diagnose your bad breath and provide fast and practical solutions.
Causes of Bad Breath
Here are some of the most common sources of bad breath:
One of the main causes of bad breath is garlic and/or onion. What you put in your mouth can greatly affect the smell it releases.
Fasting can also cause bad breath as the body breaks down fat and releases ketones, which can be foul-smelling.
Poor oral hygiene
If you don’t brush and floss your teeth properly, food debris remains stuck in your mouth, forming harmful bacteria that cause plaque. Your tongue can also be home to odour-causing bacteria.
Loose and dirty dentures can also trap odour-causing bacteria and food particles.
When saliva production slows down, you develop dry mouth. This can occur if you don’t drink plenty of water or if you have been sleeping or travelling for a long time.
Tough workouts, breathing through your mouth, and some diseases and medicines can also contribute to dry mouth.
Bad breath might be a sign of other health issues. A person who has bad breath may not be suffering from halitosis alone. He/she could also have more severe health issues.
Symptoms of Bad Breath
A person who suffers from bad breath has:
- A white layer on the tongue
- Dry mouth
- Plaque build-up surrounding the teeth
- Post-nasal drip
- Bad breath in the morning
- Thick and sticky saliva
- Persistent urge to clear your throat
Having bad breath can have a significant impact on a person. Other people may stay away or turn their heads from you. This can cause low confidence and self-esteem.
Ways to Prevent Bad Breath
Start preventing bad breath at home.
Listed below are a few steps to help you prevent bad breath:
- Keep your mouth clean all the time. Brush your teeth and gums before sleeping and at least one other time during the day, preferably in the morning. Do not skip brushing your tongue. Bacteria also thrive on the tongue if it is not cleaned properly.
- Floss your teeth at least once daily to remove the food particles that are stuck between your teeth.
- Chew sugar-free gum. It helps your mouth in producing saliva and stops dry mouth that can lead to bad breath.
Bad Breath Treatment at Bondi Dental
If you have dental problems that cause mouth odour, visit your Bondi dentist right away.
We can start addressing the cause of the problem with deep cleaning and prevent it from coming back. We ensure you leave satisfied, wearing a beautiful smile on your face.
We are located at 134 Curlewis St in Bondi Beach.